Monday, January 1, 2001

About Me

i wanted to have a place to keep track of my projects and ideas. i had always considered crafting nerdy, until i realized it isn't. it can be, but it doesn't have to be. my mom is the crafting sewing queen and i have learned so much from her over the years. i have an etsy shop that rarely has anything to sell, but if there is anything you want me to make for you, just send me request.
a little bit more about me:
i enjoy music - my top four are madonna, harry connick, jr., rufus wainwright and 311. i "play" the piano and love to go to concerts (which is a rare event these days). i like to read and am part of a neighborhood book club.
 i also enjoy using the computer (maybe too much!) to write up and read blogs, make videos, edit photos, etc. i like hiking and camping and the outdoors generally. i also like running and sometimes run in races.

sewing and scrapbooking are some of my other hobbies, as well as taking pictures. i enjoy organizing and hate cleaning. i love to try out recipes and generally like to cook.
 i was born and raised in iowa, moving to utah about 14 years ago. i am the 3rd of 4 kids - a brother and 2 sisters. i work full time with many jobs under the all inclusive title of "mom," which is a stressful job! i have two little boys and two little girls.
  i love being a wife and mom. i also love pizza and mountain dew (diet these days).

i also love the feeling of having made something with my own hands. please feel free to comment, critique, suggest, etc. i love the community of crafters that the internet has created.

1 comment:

  1. Love Collette's pinterest site. Born and raised in Iowa, living in Texas with Hubby and kids. Love and the crafts and kids stuff you post. If interested friend me on FB or send me an email.

    Beth (Burgin) Varan
    beth@hiddendragon.com

    ReplyDelete