Sunday, September 28, 2008

Block Lamp

Before my first son was born, I decided I wanted to make his decor instead of by it. We picked blocks as a sort of theme. I looked up lamp making online and created this with some help. The lamp elements (cord, switch, etc) came from an old lamp (you can also buy new sets at places like Home Depot). The blocks were from the dollar store or something similar and the shade was from Michael's. The base was some pre-cut piece of wood my dad had lying around in his shop. My husband drilled holes in most of the blocks for me to make the stem of the lamp. I used wood glue to glue them together and glued the extra stacked block in front. I was going to fancy up the shade a bit, but never got around to it and sort of like the simplicity of it as it.

No comments:

Post a Comment