Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dried Grapes

I'm not sure what made me want to make my own raisins other than just having a lot of (free) grapes and a food dryer.


Wash, pull from stems and fill dehydrator.

And two days later, our own "homemade" golden raisins. Now I can add them to some curry I made up and froze half of.

No joke about the time it took- I think our food drier must not be that amazing or something. It is something we inherited from my husband's grandma. And it wasn't truly 2 days. I did turn it off now and then when someone was here or I was going to bed. I doubt I will make them again, but it was kind of fun - at least the idea of it.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! I would love to do that with my grapes. I bet they tasted great too.

    Love the new blog! You are very creative & I love to learn from all your fabulous creations & ideas.

    ReplyDelete