Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another Not Project Post

I used to love doing laundry when I was younger. I loved the sorting, the separating the "hang up to dry" vs dry in the dyer clothes. I was actually pretty good at folding stuff up right as it came out of the dryer. And most of the time those nicely folded clothes got put away within the same 24 hours. Things are not quite like that now. Not at all. I have never been good at taking care of my clothes after I wear them. I remember being in elementary school and having a pile reach as high as my desk of clothes that had been worn, but were still clean enough to wear again. 
Multiply that bad trait, plus that I do laundry for 5 people now, and you can imagine my laundry/clothes pile woes. (My other blog where my sisters and I write about kid projects is aptly named "Heaps of Laundry," though no one should be tricked that it is all or even mostly due to all the awesome stuff I do with my kids as super mom.)
Where am I going with this? Well, I dazzled myself today by putting away all the clothes that have been piling up next to my bed waiting to be put away. (Okay, there are a few things like socks that are still sitting there waiting to find their mates.) As I was putting them away and finding my closet space fill up, I decided I wanted to blog about a few clothes things. Maybe this is totally not interesting, but it will get it out of my brain and make space for other stuff. Or who knows, maybe you are just like me and you will find it riveting (you won't).
I'm hoping that the 10 of you will join me in a discussion of sorts about how you build your wardrobe, what guides those choices, where you shop, fashion sense in general, fashion likes/dislikes, etc. I think it will be fun. So, I guess I will see you soonish.


No comments:

Post a Comment