Friday, January 20, 2012

Apple Quesadillas

A few years ago I discovered Pacific Rose Apples at the grocery store. I tried them and loved them...and then it seems my grocery store stopped carrying them. This is the time of year to find them and since my grocery store still doesn't have them, I asked around about them. A friend led me to a different store and lucky me gets my fancy apples again. Now, these are not priced like a Granny Smith or Red Delicious, but to me they are worth it.
Anyway, the first time I bought them, the produce lady suggested that I add them to a quesadilla. So I tried out her suggestion.
Ingredients:
  • Flour Tortillas (I prefer the kind that are not cooked when you buy them.)
  • Jalapeno Jelly
  • Pepper Jack Cheese
  • Pacific Rose Apple (may work nicely with other types too)
Preheat skillet at medium to medium high. Grate the cheese and thinly slice the apple.
Spread a thin layer of the jelly, then add the apples (maybe a little cheese between the apples and jelly, if you want). Top with the cheese and fold in half. (If using uncooked tortillas, cook just one side of tortilla before adding toppings)
Cook in a skillet until tortilla is browned and cheese is melted.
Now eat it and like it!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH can I just go make those right now at 12:30am, never mind that I'm out of jalapeno jelly and only have the nasty pre-cooked flour tortillas and no pepper jack cheese, they look SO GOOD!! And I will have to try Pacific Rose apples, I see them sometimes but never buy them!

    ReplyDelete