Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello

Hello, nearly forgotten about blog. I remember that you are here and I keep meaning to utilize you for more things. I have a folder full of project I did months and months ago (some even a year ago!) that I haven't put up. In part it is because I am doing other things (aka lazy) and also because somethings I fell like I need all these photos instead of just a final project, which is usually all that gets photographed. I hope to visit you more often this year, blog. 
I have a few other hopes for the year too. I haven't made resolutions in eons, but for some reason this year I feel like I really am wanting to turn over a new leaf. Could it be that 35 is looming ahead just a few month away? Maybe subconsciously. Is it because I feel suffocated in my house with all these unfinished projects, do-tos not done and just too much stuff? For sure. 
  • One of my biggest goals for 2012 is to be better at managing my time, to be organized at least enough that I don't feel so scatterbrained. 
  • I want to finish a slew of projects or just toss them out.
  • I want to live my life in a more focused way. (If you have not read Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider, you should now. It's about living a better life, not just cleaning stuff.)
There are other ideas I am toying with putting on my "official" list, but I don't feel like I need/want to share them here. So, let me just end my post with something I made so that I feel like I am getting the blog back on track...
I made some freezer stencil shirts at the end of the summer. I don't make them often enough and they are incredibly easy. (Well, I still don't love the xacto knife work and long for the simplicity of a Silhouette machine, but alas...)
 Bike for the hubby who loves to mountain bike (a little too high on the shirt, but now I know for next time).
For the son that prefers a scooter over his bike, a scooter. A revers of dad's bike for the son who loves to ride is bike too.
So, I hope to be back again soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. How did you do that? Do you iron it on and paint it? Just fabric paint? I saw a tutorial the other day where on a single piece of fabric, they ironed the freezer paper on the back and then just ran it through their printer. Weird, but I'm interested in trying it...someday...

    ReplyDelete