Friday, March 22, 2013

Hello Friday!

Hi. I'm just checking in to say hello. I started a post on Monday that began just about the same way this one. 
 I just finished my 15th day of "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels.  Whew! Today is the first time I added weights (I only have 4 pounders) for level 2 and my arms are shaking just a bit still. I have never stuck with a DVD workout this long, so I am so proud of myself. I seriously love it and can tell I'm getting stronger.
  I haven't been doing a whole lot of projects this week. I did make some truffles yesterday that should make it to a recipe review "soon." (You know it's like an unwritten law or something that if you are exercising you HAVE to make treats.) I've been being a little bit better at my housework and doing projects with the kids. We made Gak this week and some kid jewelry. Oh, and my sister came over and helped me clean out my clothes. I got all the maternity stuff out (yea!!!) and filled a few bags of other clothes to donate (I think I was up to something like 25 non-maternity shirts that I got rid of among other things.)
 I have been reading a lot. The most recent 2 were "Little Princes" by Conor Grennan and "A Week in Winter" by Maeve Binchy. They were both good. The first was for book club and is non-fiction book about child-trafficking in Nepal. Very interesting and both sad and inspiring. Proof that one person really can make a difference. The second is the last book my favorite author wrote before she died last year. Maeve writes in a slow-paced full storytelling way. 
Anyway, that's life this week. I hope you all have a great weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. Did you but a gigantic box of borax for your gak? I wanted to make some too, but didn't want the huge box. Also, I just switched to www.feedly.com for my reader and it's working well so far. Everything copied right over. I want to borrow your dvd for the shred when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had 30 day shred for a few years, but I've never been super consistent with it. Are you doing it every day? Pre tumor I was good at it and was definitely stronger. It's interesting how simple moves can make you ache and gain strength. Keep it up - I need motivation - I'm still waiting for that to return to my system. Darn chemo killed almost all my drive.

    ReplyDelete