Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wedding Card

I draw. No doodle is probably a better way to describe it. In my high school advanced art classes my teacher knew I enjoyed drawing, but I just really wasn't as good as everyone else, so she gave me less assignments. I wasn't meant to draw portraits, but I think I still have a knack for something else. Since my high school days I have been drawing things similar to this. I hope to post more of them as time goes on.

My husband's cousin is getting married on Friday and I wanted to make sure I didn't attach a plain card like I so often do with the gift. This is what I came up with. I like it. If I use this again, I think the bride and groom need to be a little smaller. I didn't feel like I had enough space to write the note.
I often forget how much I like to make there sorts of drawings. Simple, sort of childlike and cute. (But they aren't' for everyone, for sure. My husband said it was corny or something along those lines.)
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment