Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eastery Window

I was recently visiting a blog I had never been to called Be Different Act Normal. Among many cute ideas they had posted was this one of an Easter egg garland they found on Family Chic. I thought it was such a fun and easy idea. And who doesn't have too many plastic eggs sitting around from years past? So, I took this idea and made it work for me.
 Last Saturday it was in the 70s here and truly spring had arrived. There were blossoms on the neighbor's tree and some of my daffodils were in bloom, so I thought it was a good time to get decorated for Easter. I did no decorating last year, so I figured I had to this year. (Plus, my kids are ultra excited about it thanks to a fun Easter egg hunt we do at my parents' house every year.)
So. if you clicked on either of the links above you'd see that the garland was made with yarn snapped between the eggs. Very simple. I didn't have any pastel yarn and didn't want to go out and buy any, so I changed the idea. I have a lot of ribbon you'd use for wrapping gifts in colors that I never use. I knew it wouldn't curve all nice like yarn can, so I made mine as strips.
Just lay the ribbon across the open egg and snap shut. 
Then you will probably have to bend the ribbon a bit if you use wide stuff like I did. This probably won't be a problem for thinner ribbon and probably not for fabric ribbon or yarn either.
Then add another in the same fashion at whatever distance you like and keep adding until it is as long as you want it to be.
And ta-da, easy Easter decorating!
And still pretty (maybe even more so) when it snows the next day! 
I know spring is wild, but a 40+ temperature drop resulting in snow in 12 hours? Wow! It's gone now, in case you were wondering...

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. I love it. We saw your post last week & made them the next day. They are hanging as decoration down in our basement. Thanks for the idea. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete