Monday, September 19, 2011

Millions of Peaches

Right now is a great time to load up on peaches. And they are usually less money if you can get an entire box. Worried that they will go bad? Fear not.
Take out as many as you can eat. Store them out on a counter stem down. I used to let them all hang out in a bowl together, but I noticed the skin would get all wrinkly. Now I just leave them out by the bowl and don't seem to have that problem. Cut up the rest and remove the skins. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and then and lay the peach slices flat in a single layer.
 
 Toss in the freezer and let them freeze.
Then pop them in a trusty freezer bag and suck out all the excess air (a straw is handy here). Pre-label the bad while it is flat. Now you will have fantastic peaches for pies and smoothies for months.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sticking that song in my head for the rest of the day :) Maybe I will have to make a peach pie, that sounds sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, that's on my list of things to do. And every time I do my peaches, I sing the very same song. Then Matt sings it. And then I sing it. And well, you know.

    ReplyDelete