In an effort to save money (but not time) I decided instead of buying my son pajamas that I would make them. I had read in several places about making a long sleeve shirt into pants. That is what I did. You will likely see this first picture again when I get the tan pair done.
That ladies shirt became these stripey pajamas. Bug calls them his zebra legs. The shirt is a hand-me-down plain Hanes type t-shirt.
I added the boat to the front to have it tie in with the pants and become a set. Very rough sewing, but I have other similar shirts I have done like this and they look better over time. (I think the boat needs a little red circular window on it or something.)
The sleeves were an after thought. I had lots of fabric left over so I used another set of pjs to approximate length and width. Then I sewed them along the armhole seam that was already there.