I have so many projects I am behind on writing about, including some I made before my baby (who is now 4 months old) was born.
One thing I wanted done before she arrived was a new car seat cover.
I traced around the old one to make the pattern.
I had planned on redoing the canopy too, but I was running out of time and having a little bit of difficulty tracing it. Plus, our canopy was sort of broken in a way that it was more in the way then useful, so we just took it off.
But that's ok because the next project has been a pretty good double for it.
I loved the idea I had seen on all kinds of blogs and people using in stores, etc. of having a blanket that attaches to the car seat.
I used the measurements and tutorial from Make It Do. Because I have the Z shaped handle, I emailed Calli to get some assistance on how to change the pattern for me. She emailed me back right away with a great suggestion and it worked.
Since I started using it there are a few changes I want to make and was waiting to post until I do those, but then I might never get this up. Basically, I don't like that I can't hold the actual handle then the blanket is folded up. And I don't like that her toys can't dangle down because the blanket blocks them (whereas a traditional blanket tossed over all the top still allows for that. I am planning on just making a few small slits in the blanket to allow for this. If/when I get to it, I will make sure to post.