I had seen nursing covers at enough baby showers, blogs and sometimes even in use that I decided it might be practical for me to make one for myself.
I read through a few tutorials online but mainly used the one from Diary of a Quilter. The main change I made was making it a little bigger like another blog suggested.
I also added both soft "wipe the mouth" fabric in the corners and pockets.
I will confess this - I have used it only one time to nurse. I'm just not coordinated enough. (That and not a fan for me personally to nurse in public.) If you can relate, know that it still can been useful. (Think long car rides when bottles need to be made - if you know what I mean...)