Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stars and Stripes

Um, hi. I have gone missing again. At least I have been working on projects while ignoring you. :) I've never been great at having cutesy things on my door, but I like the look of a nice wreath, etc. It seems like I get more and more happy for the 4th of July every year and I've finally done something to show my feelings...
It's simplistic, but does the trick. And It was easy and cheap! I just bought a 4 pack of flags at Wal-Mart for $1 (or where ever you like, but some have less in the pack for the same cost), removed the "pole" and glued the flags on a ribbon. The fabric star in the middle I plan to replace with something a little studier, or maybe fabric again but double-sided to make it stronger and less likely to curl on the edges.
The little banner on the door was definitely a great addition to the two measly flags hanging out by the steps. Someday I'd love to have a bigger house and decorate it all nice and have the fun patriotic swag banners outside from Flag Day to Independence day. But for now, I am happy with how I have set up our doorstep.

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable and looks simple enough for me to squeeze in before Monday if I make it to the store!

    ReplyDelete