Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To Match the Striped Pants part 1: Bubble Gum Machine

While Old Navy was having one of their sales where the clearance is marked down an additional 40% off, I went to go pick up some clothes for my kids. I found these adorable striped pants. The only size that had was 0-3 months. I was so bummed because my daughter had already outgrown that size. I bought both pairs anyway, knowing I would need baby gifts down the road, plus I loved them too much to NOT buy them.
When I decided they needed a cute onesies to go with them, I immediately thought of a gumball machine. I used the same fabric I did for the car seat cover and canopy blanket, thinking that the circles sort of looked like gumballs. The shirt didn't turn out exactly as I envisioned and I couldn't settle on which color of thread to use for the outside of the globe part of the gumball machine, hence the double layer.
But in the end, I liked how it turned out overall and combined with the pants I thought it was a cute gift.
Stay tuned to find out what I paired with the other pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment