Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saw it/Did it: Dinner

We were low on groceries and when I saw this recipe for corn and potato chowder last week and I thought  hey, we actually have all of those ingredients.

Well, kind of. Whole milk isn't exactly the same as half and half, but it made do.
I even got to use fresh thyme from my herb garden! I thought the soup was great, but I am a general fan or corn chowder. My husband isn't as much Is it because I'm from Iowa? Anyway, pretty much the only thing I would do different next time is add bacon. I think it needs a little something extra like that.
 And then of course we needed bread to go with, so I got out one of my balls of frozen pizza dough to make a variation of this garlic cheese bread
Clearly I cannot roll dough in a circle. I loved the idea of using a turned over pan if you don't have a pizza stone.
 
Despite the fact that I should have used 2 of my dough balls and not rolled my dough so thin, the topping was so good. Everyone loved it.
A yummy dinner found from sites linked Pinterest. I call it a success, but I really should be tackling all my recipe ideas that are ripped out of magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment