Saturday, August 24, 2013

Getting Back on Track?

The kids are back in school! My days will no longer be filled with this during daylight hours. It's only been a short week and short days so far, so I don't know how much I'll miss my boys until Monday. I'm sure it will be plenty. However, I've already benefited from having just the two girls home. 
While the baby napped, I went to the basement with my other daughter, put on some old and terrible mixed tapes and sorted sewing projects. They got put in piles based on time sensitivity and how long they would take. Both those gray bins are full of specific projects. There are other bins full of fabric for non-specific projects that I didn't touch. Oh, and there are sewing only projects. None of my other things. I'm hoping to start majorly crossing things off that big list there on the table!
I have been catching up on my family blog though and that has been super nice. I'm terribly behind still, but it is important to me, so I will keep on truckin.'
I'm going to be teaching preschool this fall, so that will add another "to do," but I'm very excited (albeit very nervous right now too) to start. Not only am I pretty sure I will enjoy it, but it will be nice to have a paycheck again and fill some of my time in a way that distracts me from my boys being gone all day. 
I'm still regularly trying out new recipes. I'm still so backlogged on post about all of them. Are they useful? informative? I like looking back on them and using them as a resource to tweak the recipe and find it again when I lose my paper copy.
Here's to getting more done in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment