Monday, November 25, 2013

And She Goes On. . .

I had a dream last night about my hometown. I haven't been there in 9 years. In my dream it had changed so much - unrealistically, but still changed. I missed it.

I read part of a blog yesterday that made me miss blogging on a regular basis. Blogging about nothing. Blogging about everything. It made me miss writing.

I'm not a great writer. I'm not even a good writer, but I like words. I love reading and I enjoy writing.

I've been blogging in some format for nine years. Nine. The evolution of my posting has changed so much as I have had kids, Facebook arrived, I decided to split out my one blog into 3 so I could categorize family, projects and kid stuff separately. There were times I posted multiple times a day, but the busyness of life and things like Instagram, Facebook, and Google Reader being taken away make blogs a bit dead.

My blogs aren't dead. They are just. . . hibernating. I still have so much to share. Even if I am not eloquent with words. Even if I don't take pictures throughout the whole process of my projects. Even if I write stuff that no one cares about but me.

And while you are waiting (on pins and needles to be sure! ha ha) for me to wake back up, here's some suggested reading for you. Just 2 things that I think are great.

Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
Pretty much any post of Michelle's, especially this one, or this one.

Or sneak over to Goodreads and make yourself a list of books to read - or ones you have read.  I am a bit obsessive about it. I like noting the exact date I start and end a book. I don't care so much about writing reviews (I'm terrible at them), but I love seeing what friends have rated and reviewed.

I'm still working on projects. I made most of our Halloween costume last month, organized my sewing area again and finished up some mending and a few little refashions. I have big plans for Christmas sewing. I just need to get to the fabric store.

I would apologize for yet another nothing post, but some great advice that I was given once about my type or personality is "don't hesitate. don't apologize." Naturally that doesn't mean I shouldn't say sorry when I accidentally ram someone with my cart or hurt someone's feelings.


So, this is what I've got for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment