Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Zebras

My cousin and his wife are having their first baby. I couldn't make it to her shower, but I did send this little set her way.
 The blanket is actually one I had started for someone who used to live down the street from me. I waited until the last minute to sew it for her shower. When I went to the fabric store I fell in love with this fabric and should really have bought more. I decided because I was short on time I'd just buy the binding instead of make it. I messed up on it as I was making it and got so frustrated that I just skipped it all.
I decided to get it back out and fix it, over a year later. My original idea, and the one I stuck with but maybe shouldn't have, was to have the stitching sort or match the stripes of the zebra. Does it look like a mess? I'm not sure, but it will just have to do.
I also added a little fabric on come cloth diapers for burp cloths. I forgot to use Wonder Under on the zebra applique, so hopefully it will still stay ok. I liked the added binding on the bottom of that one too.
And to complete it all, I tossed in another one of my Martha inspired mini picture albums. I hope she liked it. That's the worst part about sending a gift instead of actually being there. You never get to see the receiver's reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment